The church of Christ in Magnolia began by virtually the entire membership, then known as the Mill Creek church of Christ, relocating in the town of Magnolia.
Before the church made its final decision to move to Magnolia, they rented the Magnolia Community building and conducted a meeting. The preacher was brother Horace O`Rear and the meeting lasted for eight days, July 29 to August 5, 1956. After the meeting the group met again and decided that they would not return to the Mill Creek area but continue meeting in Magnolia. The church officially had its beginning on August 12, 1956. Harold Winslow and W. B. Clark were the first preachers.
Land was purchased on Acker Street and construction was begun. Though the building was not completed, the church began worshiping in it in March 1957. Many from the community and from the Tomball church of Christ donated supplies and labor to help with the construction. One of the volunteers was Lewis Wright, the preacher for the Tomball church. Because of the many hours he and his sons donated to the construction, he was given the honor of conducting the first meeting in the new building in March of 1957. The present building on Magnolia Blvd. was constructed in 1978.
Harold Winslow and W. B. Clark remained as local ministers for several years. Brother Clark moved from the area in 1959 and Harold stayed until the fall of 1963. At that time Jerry Kemper, from Houston, was hired to preach on Sundays. Paul Rainey, one of the local members, assisted in the preaching. Brother Kemper continued preaching until 1968. Then Hubert Allen from Spring, was hired as local preacher. He was available for all the services and worked with the church until the summer of 1975.
At this time Bob Johnson, who was the first preacher for the Magnolia church who did not have outside employment, was hired as a full-time preacher. He continued in the role until 1981. In July of 1981 Lonnie Ritchie was employed as the local preacher.
From April 1986 until 1988 Mike Waldrum worked with the church as youth director. Alan Berryhill filled this position from 1989 through 1991. Jay Lightfoot filled this position from July 1991 through May 1995. Eric Brunson served the church as youth minister from Jan. 1997 through Dec. 1998. On November 1, 2000 Dwight Dell joined the Magnolia staff as minister of local evangelism. On March 1, 2007, Paul Hendrickson began working with the church as Youth Minister. Nick Schroeder began working as Youth Minister in 2010. Nick left for a year in 2014 and returned to work with the church again as the Youth & Family Minister in August of 2015, and is still in that position today.
In 2017 Lonnie Ritchie retired from full-time ministry, and Dwight Dell went on to a different work. In May of 2017 DC Brown was hired as the full-time pulpit minister.